1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant legislation
This website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 8.0) for clarification.
3.0 Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below).
In order to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, you could install this browser extension.
We retain our GA data for 14 months after which time it is automatically deleted.
3.2 Contact forms
Should you choose to contact us using any of the contact forms within this website, the information that you submit will be collated into a database on the site. The information is sent from your browser to our website’s server over an encrypted connection.
We are notified by email that there has been a form submission but no personal information is included in this email.
Once an enquiry is received, the name, email and telephone number from the submission is deleted from the database on the site and recorded on our internal database for twelve months. If we have had no correspondence from the relevant person / company within this twelve month period their information and all correspondence is deleted from our internal database.
We do not conduct any form of direct marketing with the data received from online enquiries.
4.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted by United Hosting within a UK data centre located just outside London.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- 3m rota-spike security fence and perimeter anti ram barriers
- Blast proof anti-intruder shielded external windows and doors
- Proximity access locks on all external and internal doors
- Interlocked man-trap doors with biometric iris scanners to gain access into data floors
- Server cabinets have locked doors (no open racks)
- Perimeter and internal IP CCTV system monitored 24×7
- 24×7 on-site security guards with static and mobile patrols
- All on-site personnel are security vetted to BS7858 standard
- Only authorised security cleared staff are allowed into the facility
Full details of United Hosting’s data centre can be found here.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
5.0 Our third-party data processors
6.0 Data breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
7.0 Data controller
The data controller of this website is: Anglian Security & Fire Ltd with company number: 1616398
Whose registered office is:
Unit 21 Farthing Road
8.0 Data Protection Officer
Name: Darrell Foreman
Telephone: 01473 743000
10.1 Change log
- Removed statement around using clients data for marketing purposes as Anglian Security have never done this